Friday, October 2, 2009

I thought it was getting bigger...

So I don't remember if I ever told this story but I walk talking to a friend while walking by the campus Frisbee group and I suddenly remembered it!
Ok so during camp I learned many things. Kids like to paint toilets with finger nail polish, they get homesick when sick, they argue about the silliest things, they do creative but messy things like make snow out of packing peanuts. Well, one thing I didn't realize before camp was how potentially life threatening they were.
So this happened my second term at camp....it was a rough time for me. lol Most of the previous escapades occured during this time. It was during the eat out when we had the backyard games. I was walking around with my camera taking pictures of all the fun going on when one of my campers caught my attention. I look at her and I notice she has a Frisbee. All of a sudden she looks at me and says, "Hey Kathleen, catch!" Well, I in all my glorious naivety, didn't think she was actually going to throw it. My hands were full with the camera and something so I looked at her and laugh. All of a sudden she throws her arm back and let's the thing go flying....straight toward my head. hahahahahaha I couldn't believe she had done it but it's pretty funny now. So that's another memory from where the Heart is. :)

No comments: