Friday, September 26, 2008

Set-Apart Feminity

So I'm writing this- finally- at the request of a beautiful sister! This book is written by Leslie Ludy. It's a hard read. Easier than the Bible but harder than a romance book. ;) She talks about the Proverbs 31 woman. Sigh. I've heard so many mixed beliefs about that passage. It's in the Bible so there is some meaning behind it. Now what that might be....I honestly believe is up to the discernment of each individual woman. That might be a chicken way out but...shrug. Anyway, I digress from the real point of this. To start explaining what the book is about I'm going to list the name of the chapters...considering I have yet to finish the book. :S

Chapter:
1-Sacred Intent
2-Sacred Design
3-Sacred Priority
4-Sacred Decorum
5-Sacred Mystique
6-Sacred Cultivation
7-Sacred Ardor
8-Sacred Claim
9-Sacred Ceremony

It is mainly a book where the author says to deny all things "worldly" and take up you cross for Christ. That might sound cynical or sarcastic but I'm not trying to sound like that. It really is what the author is supporting. It sounds nice. It makes me have hope and yet it also makes me sad. Horrible yes? Sigh. I like some of the things that the world offers. Movies, music, boys, internet, books, etc. I don't drink. I don't party. I don't do that kind of stuff. Yet, I've come to realize that I am tied to this world in ways I never expected. I'm too scared to let go of it in order to become what God wants me to. Sigh. Blargh. Life is such a sticky thing. I wish I was amazing like Amy Carmichael or Elizabeth Elliot....just to name a few. Why were they blessed with such a love for God while other woman (and men) have to struggle to find their way out of all things worldly? Sigh. I don't understand. Shrug. Oh well. Guess some people are blessed like that while others have to struggle their whole lives just to find that love. Kinda seems.....unfair. haha...I know. Who said life was fair??

1 comment:

Emily Joy said...

i have no idea who you are or where you come from or what your background is, but i feel like this. i feel like this and i want you to know, you're not the only one.