Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Skipping down the yellow brick road...

It is 4:41 PM as I write this and I have to leave in 10 min to go pick up Taylor from work since for the past two days I have been the self designated taxi driver for the Scogin family. :) Yay for driving again! I still need to brush my teeth before I go back to camp...and pack for that matter. I really hope I didn't mess up and get my times mixed up. Sorry if I did. The last few days have been relaxing and fun. I miss my "me" time which would also be known as "those moments when I can be completely by myself without anyone to disturb me with random information in voice that could often be considered yelling." Yup. Those are moments I will never take for granted again.
An update on the glow-in-the-dark toilet. It doesn't glow anymore. I finally had the girls clean it up with nail polish remover and cotton balls. Yes, I opened the window so the fumes didn't kill us all. After that was done with lots of giggling from the girls and frustrated sighs from myself I had them clean the rest of the bathroom. So here I am standing in the bathroom watching Lauren scrub the bathtub. I look at the tub knowing it need some hardcore cleaning, so I tell Lauren to put some elbow grease into it. She gives me a strange look. I don't think much of it because 10 yr olds are in the habit of giving me strange looks. I would be poor if I paid them a dollar for every weird look they had given me this past term. Anyway, she gives me a strange look, shrugs her shoulders and proceeds to put her elbow on the rag and scrub. I look at her in astonishment and inquire of her as to what she's doing. Lauren looks at me, as only 10 yr olds can, succeeding in once again helping me realize just how bad of a communicator I am, and says, "you SAID put elbow grease into it!" I busted out laughing. Who knew that children would take an adults words so literally!? I guess a parent would know something like that. Well, the bathroom was successfully cleaned without anymore miscommunication on my or the childrens parts. Yay Four O' Clock Rock!
Well, I'm going to go brush my teeth and prepare myself for the up coming term. I'll write more on the adventures of the Heart later. :)

No comments: