Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Patience isn't a four letter word.

So I was reading a book the other day and it gave the definition of patience. I was blown away by the revelation that occured to me when I read it. You see many times people tell me that I just need to be patient and my whole life I've thought, "I AM patient! I'm not forcing something to happen. I'm waiting for it to." Yet, when you read the definition of patience you see it is not about the action of waiting per say so much as about the attitude-
1. the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
3. quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.

I've come to realize I quite completely stink when it comes to patience. If I want something I want it, I want it to come to me quickly and I most definately don't want to be happy if I have to wait. Once again, I am the product of my generation. I am the product of my life experiences. I wish such wasn't the case but it is and so I must deal with the consequences. I must admit that I don't really know how to fix such a thing or perhaps I do I just don't want to. To gain patience means to be happy while waiting for something and it seems to me that once God realizes you're happy while waiting....why should He give you what your asking for? Granted that thought is completely based on human instinct. God gives us what we need exactly when we need it. Anyway, that's all for now. I don't have much else to say about much of anything else.

No comments: