Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Heartbreak

My heart beats its slow rythmic pound.
My breath catches.
I feel the pain coming from the deep dark recesses of my heart....
It knocks on the door....pounds.....ready to be freed.
The door cracks....an inch.....a foot.....wider and wider....
The pain flows out....surrounding my heart in a cloak of despair.
It mocks me.
Laughs as I cower in the shadows.
It steals my dreams....my happiness....
Taking from me the only truth I've known...
The knowledge that the crown I wore was only a plastic toy.
The dress I wore was only a play thing worn by little girls.
I sit in the dark....a woman....dressed in her play clothes.....
There is no princess.
She was a character stolen from a book.
A woman who has awakened from her slumber to see the world she created was only a dream.
There is no little princess.
There is no sweet daughter.
There is no future wife.
There is only me.
And that is the saddest part.

1 comment:

crzam06 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.