Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Nightlight

So as I was getting ready to go to bed I switched on the nightlight in the bathroom a habit that was established in me when I was just a little girl. But I've been thinking a lot about my relationship with God. I've really been struggling. I'm ashamed to admit it. But tonight as I switched on that precious nightlight a thought hit me. God is my nightlight. I know. I know. It sounds cheesy. Oh goodness. Why am I so frightened by the very thought of obeying God?! Why am I so sure that He's going to ask the impossible of me?! Why am I refusing to even hear Him out?! Or maybe I am doing His will but I'm freaking myself out with all this worrying. Sigh I don't know. Ha. When do I ever know? I need to make some progress and soon. Life is moving quickly past me and if I don't figure some stuff out soon I'll miss the train. Blargh. My head hurts.

No comments: