Monday, July 21, 2008

Chaos is the only thing that is fair.

Well, I've had a very crazy weekend. Sheesh. Friday I got home from a day of work to go to a church function. Then Saturday I drove, for the first time, in San Antonio BY MYSELF up to La Cantera to see my roommate. That was great. Yet, I left at 2:30 quickly coming to the coclusion I had messed myself over due to the lack of realization that the next place I had to be was 30 minutes away from my hometown. So I got to my house at 3:30 and had to make it to a friend's wedding that started at 4:00. Needless to say I sped over to Whittsett and made it about 5 minutes late. I was ashamed of myself for my lack of planning but I guess in the end it was all good. My friends and I went to the reception at a little ancient hall outside of our town that is so rustic-ly beautiful. We then proceeded to dance the night away. It was fun. Yet, other than seeing a friend marry the best part was my utter lack of desire to be in her place. I wasn't sitting around moping because I want to get married. Nope. I was just happy to hang out with my friends and have fun looking beautiful. (Side note: Frustrated because I have to go to the store......ugh.) Anyway, then Sunday I went to church and yesterday night hung out with some more friends of mine, including a guy who has just come back from a year of mission work in China. I can't wait to hear more about his adventures. :) We went to see The Dark Knight. All I can say is I wasn't much impressed. Yes, the effects were good but in my VERY humble opinion the entire movie was depressing and creepy. I hate leaving a movie feeling empty and mad. Where's the joy in that?! I don't know. The Joker made some interesting points. Yet, I don't believe in getting my philosophy from movies...especially one that could have possibly caused the suicide of Heath Ledger. (Or whatever they're calling it now.) I have more to say but I'm sure no one really wants to read my rants about the down fall of mankind. ;) Sigh. I'm exhausted. I didn't get in till 4 am and I woke up at 9:30 am. Now I get to go to work at 5 till 9. Boy, I'm crashing when I get home. Finally. I guess I've finally worked my body into pure exhaustion that I can sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I would personally rather that than laying in bed worrying and fretting and stressing over things until I'm ready to scream. shrug. Anyway. I need to go to the store now. Sigh. Write more soon.

No comments: