Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pocket Full of Sunshine

Ay yi yi. Life has taken some crazy turns in the past couple of days.....and not necesarily in a good way. Sigh. All the stress has decided to settle right between my shoulder blades and cause pain at the most inoportune times. I must admit that I'm becoming excruciatingly tired of all this drama. I can't wait for my life to become more settled. hahaha.....Granted that will take a drastic work of God but hey, with God all things are possible, right? I'm still counting down the days till I go back to school. Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to go back up a week early like I was wanting to due to my church being involved in our Cowboy Homecoming parade on the morning I was hoping to be dropped off..... Oh well! I guess I'll just work an extra week. Goodness knows I'll need the money. (Is that how that saying goes?? hrm....) Anyway, I've become addicted to BarlowGirl and Rihanna for the past week. BarlowGirl for my spiritual health but Rihanna when all I want to do is "break dishes." Eesh. This morning God was good. I had an unexpected "blow" and couldn't believe some stuff that went on and could hardly help my mom sing during praise and worship due to my quaking heart. Ugh. Silly. Anyway, I just started praying and God gave me the strength and courage to finish out the service with a smile on my face and peace in my heart......well, kinda. ;) Peace is a hard thing for me to grasp...no matter what the situation is. Sigh. My dad preached on going back to the basics of Christianity. It was really good. Spoke to me. God's been dealing with me on that issue. How I need to go back to my altar...Just as Abraham did. So I'm really going to try to let go of some of the stuff I started doing my freshman year in college....nothing horrible or terrible.....just me being a little rebellious. :S Things that aren't exactly BAD....just not the best thing for me. haha....like listening to Rihanna. But there are things that I learned this past year that I will never let go of. Like I CAN be strong on my own. Maybe not for very long but I can do it. Well, anyway, I'm starting to ramble and I have work tomorrow. :) G'night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.