Sunday, June 29, 2008

Emerald City.


He Was There All The Time

"Time after time I went searching for peace in some void. I was trying to blame all my ill on this world I was in. Surface relationships used me 'til I was done in. And all the while someone was begging to free me from sin.
He was there all the time. He was there all the time. Waiting patiently in line. He was there all the time.
Never again will I look for a fake rainbow's end. Now that I have the answer my life is just starting to rhyme. Sharing each new ay with Him is a cup of fresh life. And, oh, what I missed, He's been waiting right there all the time.
He was there all the time. He was there all the time. Waiting patiently in line. He was there all the time."

Word and music by Gary S. Paxton

"He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi, And purge them as gold and silver, That they may offer to the Lord an offering in righteousness. Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasant to the Lord, As in the days of old, as in former years. "For I am the Lord, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed O sons of Jacob, Return to me and I will return to you," Says the Lord of hosts. "And try me now in this, if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such a blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes."
Malachi 3: 3,4,6,810,11 (NKJV)
I think perhaps this is where He was leading me to all the time. Perhaps, for I know not yet, but just perhaps this is why He gave me the parents I have. The church I go to and the children who surround me. Finally, something that makes sense. I just hope I have the wisdom, strength and patience to go through with it if this is truly what God has called me to do. Yet, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

No comments: