Sunday, June 15, 2008

La Vie En Rose

Is a good movie. Depressing as ever. But good. All I can feel right now is overwhelming pity for a woman who was born into a hard life and chose to remain in it and fear of old age. Why must we age? When I was younger I didn't really mind the thought of growing old and wrinkly...now I'm beginning to fear it. I've seen what can happen to the elderly and I've seen the effect those things have on their children and grandchildren. I don't want to break my children's hearts. I don't want to get old and angry and bitter hurting those who love me best. I don't want to get old. Silly, I know, because what other choice do I have?? None. Still, Lord help me to grow old gracefully. Help me to live a life of love for You and my family. That's what I need to remember. That as long as I have Jesus I'll never be alone, even if I get dementia or alzheimers..........Jesus will always be there. Wow. That's the most amazing thought and I have proof. Just ask Kelly or Kristen or my mom about my grandma Kelly. That amazing woman could hardly remember her own daughter's name but when we started to pray for her.......she knew her Jesus. She knew her Savior. Oh God help us to live a life like that. Help us that when everything else dissappears...You're the only person left...help us to feel Your presence....Your love. :) Because in the end....that's why were here.

No comments: