Tuesday, June 10, 2008

God closed my eyes. Now I can see.

"'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. " For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are my ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain comes down , and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, So shallf My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."
Isaiah 55:8-11 NKJV
I heard once that if you want to make God laugh tell Him all your plans. I had to smile at that. I think most of us can see the ironic humor it that statement. Lately I've been feeling a little lost. I'm not really sure why. I just feel homeless. I don't know where I'm going or what I need to do with my life. Everytime I come home something else changes in my future. I still smile when I think about how my senior year in high school everytime it hit 11:11 I would pray/hope/wish that I would meet my future husband my freshman year. I'm sure that you're smiling at this and as most of you know (or possibly don't) I'm not engaged. The amazing thing is that I don't mind. I'm content with who I am right now. (And please pray with me that this contentment doesn't leave.....) God has plans for me and I need to figure them out before I start looking for a husband. How can I follow a man in unity if I don't even know in which direction I'm going?? This is good. This is where I need to be. Funny how the moment I'm blind of my future is the moment I'm most at peace. I smile because I'm happy. Jesus loves me. What more can a girl need?? :) :) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is amazing. you seem really happy and thats something to truly envy.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!