Sunday, June 22, 2008

Follow the yellow brick road

So today someone made a comment that bothered me......like majorly. They said they had heard some pastor say that he can't believe how many kids go to college, spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on an education and not know what God's will is for their life. The pastor went on to say that he wouldn't spend a dime on his child's education until that kid knew what God's will was. I was sitting there thinking....WHAT!!??? Perhaps it's my own pride and arrogance but all I could say was, "sounds to me like he's trying to put God into a box." The person telling the story said, "well it sure would make the kid figure out what God's will was." They're right to some degree. Yet, we all know God works in ways we don't expect.
Which leads me to my next point- what does God want for MY life? I have to decide on a major by the end of this year. I have to realize, discover, find or however you want to call it what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. Say what!? Yeah. I know. I'm terrified. Shaking in my boots. Filled with so many doubts. I can't do this. I can't. I'm not sure what God wants for my life. Not only that but what if I do pursue something that I think is what God wanted for me and it's not!? Sigh. I just have this certainty that I'm going to fail. I'm going to mess it all up. I'm going to live my life, get to Heaven and God's going to tell me that I did it all wrong. That I failed Him. I find it retardedly ironic (or whatever word that describes this situation) that here I am and the only thing I'm sure of is that I'm not going to be who God wants me to be. That I'm going to destroy it all. I don't WANT to! I just know me....I know what I am and am not capable of. Ugh. I have a headache. Pray for me. I need it. This thing called life is getting VERY complicated for me and I need some serious peace and wisdom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey! I want you to know that just because you have to decide a major doesn't mean that you have set your life in stone. Life is a journey. There are hills and valleys, rollercoasters, and merry-go-rounds, twists and turns, yet God is in it all. Girlfriend! I am 34 years old and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up! HAA! All I DO know is that, the moment that I live in right now, I am happy, I make a difference in this world, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is the place that God led me to.
Believe in your heart and let Him guide you. You'll make the right decision!
Luv ya cuz!
Laura Beth