Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wrapped around her little finger.

So today I was checking people at my register when this couple came into my line. The guy was rather handsome (he was older and way out of my league....) but he had a little girl in the basket and she was crying. His wife was up front making sure I didn't screw up so she was preoccupied. The guy kept trying to get the baby to calm down....I don't know....I could just tell he loved that girl. He took his big key ring out and gave it to her to chew on. Then as they were walking away he put his arm around his wife. It just drove a dagger into my heart. Retarded. I know. Yet, here I am 19 and I know one....two....three....four couples at least who have married at the same age and are leading successful marriages. Not only that but I want to see a guy look at my kids the same way that guy looked at his daughter (or whomever's she was).......Sigh. I'm not even sure that it's going to happen anymore.

Lord please remind me why You made me this way ??.....

No comments: