Sunday, August 10, 2008

As if you know what love is....

First of all I spent 10 minutes just trying to get into this dumb program in order to write this blog. That's how I work to say what I feel. Yet, that's not the point of this. I just finished watching Sense & Sensibility on PBS. It was WAY better than the first version with Hugh Grant. Ugh. I greatly dislike that version. Hugh Grant is NOT Jane Austen material......but that's just my humble biased based opinion. Shrug. Again this is not the point.

The entire movie all I could do was make fun of MaryAnne and Willaby. Seriously. They are two complete morons. Thankfully MaryAnne grows up and learns how to gauge truth better. Willaby....well he's a lost cause. Poor guy. I pity him. Couldn't raise a child. Couldn't accept a woman who didn't match up to his view of how things "should be." MaryAnne at one point after the whole drama says the very thing I have learned in the past two years of my life- love is not in a word, written or otherwise. The beauty of love is that it doesn't NEED words. Action is the only thing that gives love life. Someone can love someone all they want but if the action isn't there it means nothing. And the sooner I truly learn that (and you too I might add) the easier my life will be. Safer for my heart too. That's the interesting thing about how I Corinthians 13 describes love- "Love IS patient, love IS kind......" I've always been struck by the two letter word IS in those verses. I don't know why. I just know that there is severe meaning behind it. At least for me and my definition of love. Love IS. It is a thing made up of many different actions. When you put kindness, patience, bearing all things, believing all things, hoping in all things, enduring all things, rejoicing in the truth.......that is love. So please, don't give me words because then that just makes you a liar and me hurt even more.

No comments: