Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Heavens Are Shining For You

Oh dear me. My fingers once again don't know where to flow on this keyboard. My mind is racing ahead with many thoughts to say yet no sentences or logic is formed. So I'll just say what has happened and that be that.

As I've said before- my dad's oldest brother was told he had cancer on his kidney and they were going to have to do surgery on it. It was rather serious and he had resigned himself to whatever God had ordained. Well, yesterday (I believe that is when it happened...perhaps it was today....not positive....) the doctor went in...........sigh. There is no cancer. None whatsoever. I know the thoughts are now consisting of- "Well, perhaps the doctor made a mistake in his prognosis....." I know because I thought the same thing. In my stupid stupid human 21st century all knowing mind. God healed my uncle......mentally, spiritually and physically. Miracles still happen. The years come and go.....doctors learn and heal better....but miracles still happen. Don't EVER let this world or Satan tell you otherwise. God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Thank goodness.
Another thing is that my mom's oldest brother emailed her (which she forwarded to me) telling us about my aunt who has been diagnosised with cancer also. Yet, she's doing much better, the cancer is shrinking and God is teaching them so much. He also let us know that his daughter's daughter told him that she had asked Jesus into her heart. Sigh. There are tears in my eyes. Another daughter in the kingdom of Heaven. Another family member that I get to spend eternity with. Another beautiful girl living her life for the greatest knight in shining armor. God is so good.
Tomorrow is my last day of work. I'm not going to miss the specific work I do. Yet, I will miss the discipline and business it gives me. Work helped this summer fly by. I would have gone insane without this work. I learned so much about myself, about the world and about God this summer. What have I done to deserve such blessings?? Yet, that's the definition of grace- the undeserved blessings of God. That's something that has been tickling the back of my mind. I think that God is trying to get through this thick skull of mine- that even if God never did a single thing more for me- Jesus dying on the cross and saving me from Hell should be enough. Yet, on the flip side of that beautiful coin is that God is so amazing and loving that He WANTS to bless us. Hard to believe. Oh yes it is......for me. Why would this perfect God want to bless me??! Me. The girl who turns to look at Sodom and Gomorrah any chance she gets. If I got what I deserved I would be a pile of salt. This life is just one long up hill battle. Yet, the view is incredible at any point when you stop pushing upwards and just take in the scenery God has given you. I know I'm just rambling. I'm sure you don't mind though. :) Sigh. I cannot wait to see what this next school year will hold for me. It is going to be a beautiful beautiful disaster. Because that's the beauty of life. Especially mine! haha....So I'll leave you with a verse that my uncle put at the end of his email that I do believe is rather beautiful and fitting to this mood I am in:
"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace."Numbers 6: 24-26
PS- I forgive you.

No comments: