Thursday, October 4, 2007

Time...

Does time heal all wounds? Or does the wound just become quieter? If time heals all wounds then we must spend all our life in constant pain... Some wounds take a longer time.... they were cut deeper and take more...time.... Others are just surface wounds...healed in a moment. Why do we have to hurt each other? Because we were hurt.... Life is one big wound.... This world is constantly being wounded....the enviroment, people, animals....everything- all at one point has been hurt. Why? God must have some purpose to it... What is it? Maybe so we can appreciate Heaven even more.... no more tears... no more pain.... no more death.... no more hurt. My dad once said that some people will see all of hell they will ever see here on earth while other people are going to see all of Heaven they will ever see... How sad. The campus chaplain said last night that in Istanbul there was a painting uncovered that depicted Jesus reaching down to Adam and Eve who were reaching up to grab His hand... Isn't that how it is? Jesus reaching down to pull us up but we have to be willing to trust Him and reach out our hand to grab His. Yet how hard it is to do that.... the pain in this world has taught us that people aren't trustworthy but Jesus isn't people. He is more than human... Oh how I wish I could reach and trust.... its so much easier said than done. I can just picture Him seeing my heart and deciding to let go.... I know that goes against everything he is but there have been humans who did such a thing.... why reach out? Why give my life to Him? Why risk it? Why can't I just live my own life? What draws my heart to this life of pain? Christianity is pain. Yet it is also hope. The knowledge that you will never be enough on your own- hurts. Yet, Jesus is there to reach out and draw to who he is. He willing to give us parts of himself. Sigh if only it didn't hurt. People can apologize- say they're sorry- but that doesn't change the hurt- it doesn't change the fact that it happened.... so what can a person do? Let it go? Act like it didn't happen? "Move on?" Hold on to the situaton until you know the person has forgiven you? What is forgiveness anyway? Does anyone truly know? What does it take? I guess the only thing that will fix everything is......time...... Sigh, if only time wasn't so slow..... Well, everyone....I'm sorry. I hope time really does heal all wounds 'cause if not...we're all in big trouble.....

No comments: