Sunday, February 10, 2008

Broken Statue......

Who am I that you should love me? Who am I that you should die for me? Who am I that you should care for me? My heart longs, no, cries out to you, Father, that as you look down on me that you show me your way, your wisdom. Oh Father let not my pain be in vain. Let me mother, teach, love, strengthen your children. Show me your way oh God. You have given me a heart to heal...not the physical but emotional, the heart's hurts. You have called me to be a mother to the motherless, to be your hands, your mouth, to show your heart and love to this lost world. You have called me out of Egypt, out of this world, into the light. Help me to be that light to this world. Break me Father as you did Saul. God these words cannot even begin to express my heart. Paper and pen are not enough. My heart longs to express the truth, the depth of emotion. Oh God send me. Use me. Mold me. Break me. Only in my brokenness will I be at my highest calling. You alone are God and for that I praise you. God the world has created a hard woman. Break me Father that I might serve you better. Break me so that I see my need only for you. Break me that I might be strong only in you. Break me that I might be my truest self. Break me that my heart may know love. Break me that my heart may love. Break me that my heart might know healing. Break me that I might know you. Lord, the definition of who I am.....I give it to you. Who I am as defined by myself, other and this world. It is not I who lives but Christ who lives in me. God I ask that who I am as defined by you be released inme today. Loose it. Pour it out. Reveal it. Unleash it. I bind my old self. The old man has passed away, behold, all things have become new. The Phoenix is rising. "For the greatest adventure you will ever know is not discovering Paris but discovering yourself." "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways, For as far as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts...So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi, And purge them as gold and silver, That they may offer the Lord an offering in righteousness." "The sacrifices of the God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite spirit." God has given and will give all that I need and for now I am content to sit and be held in the arms of the One who loves me most. I am His daughter and He is well pleased. Yet, I cry to be broken and the pieces of who I am to be held in the hands of the Father. For that is when I am my truest self. That is when I am safest. When I'm broken.

No comments: