Monday, January 21, 2008

The battle rages.....but victory is claimed!!!

Ok so I'm addicted to blogging. Seriously. :S There's just something about writing you're feelings where people can see it and relate...or not. :) Silly to say the least. But I'm not gonna stop. Sorry to all ya'll who get tired of it. This little gal is tired of making everyone not happy. And I say that with the sweetest smile. Anywhooo....I was thinking about who I was. haha...nothing new there.....seems to be a constant train of thought for me. But I was listening to a new song by Martina McBride....where she talks about a heart full of tender mercy, arms open wide, words full of loving kindness.....something to that extent. It's a very sweet song of a woman looking be some change in the world. Hmph....just like I want to be. Then the thought came to me....God is working in me....I AM that woman. I just need to take it into the deepest darkest depths of my heart and let those promises take root.....Thank goodness God is a forgiving God. And that His mercies are new EVERY single morning! I'll mess up....horribly....but I just wake up the next morning and crawl right back onto that altar....the life of a living sacrifice isn't exactly the easiest thing to be. It is entirely too easy to crawl off......but God makes it wonderfully easy to get right back on....I'm so glad for that. I have vices....to say the least.....but God made me the way I am for a reason.....and I will change ONLY for Him..... To change for anyone else would be pointless...they still wouldn't like the new me.....they would just expect me to change one more thing. :) I am THAT woman! Sigh....that is the most glorious realization ever. haha....I'm reminded of the song Kristen and I used to sing as little kids..."It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars....the sun and the earth and jupiter and mars....but He's still working on me!" And praise the Lord He is! The devil is trying oh so hard to bring me down....BUT he ain't going to succeed! I have Jesus fightin' for me....the battle may rage...I may get wounded and hurt but in the end the war has been won! On a cross two thousand years ago....satan got the crushing blow.....and I'm accepting the victory that people can only find in Jesus. This is my promise. This is the truth. This is my new life. Yep that's right.....I win! I am that woman! Hallelujah! Good night world....can't wait to show you what this little gal has to give....because through Jesus I can do anything!!!!

No comments: