Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wisdom

My dad has decided that the church should do a study on the book of Proverbs. Coincidental....to say the least. A friend of mine and I have been on the search for wisdom for the past couple of weeks. The ability to judge what is good, just, and fair. Granted we haven't used the word wisdom specifically but we discuss the things of God...theology....trying to explain our beliefs and the whys to them. It is hard. Nearly impossible for me. My friend fares better than I. It bothered me that I wasn't able to explain my core beliefs and why I hold them. So I have started to search. Much like I never have before. Sure I've asked questions and looked up subjects but now I am writing down what I'm learning. I am asking better questions. Questions like how do you set up a belief....doesn't make much sense but wait....the idea is that I need to be able to present my logic in a systematic, logical, and intellectual way. So many beliefs need to be established on a bigger more fundamental truth before you start to work your way towards a more ambigious (Sp?) truth/belief. Yet, I digress. So the idea of wisdom. The wisdom of God. Its amazing and I am realizing the importance of Godly wisdom more and more. For the wisdom of God is different than the wisdom of this world. As Proverbs 3: 24-26 says "When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet. Do not be afraid of the sudden terror, Nor of the trouble from the wicked when it comes; For the Lord will be your confidence, And will keep your foot from being caught." This is only one verse on the wisdom of God....so many promises....so many things to remember. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your won understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes...." Do not be wise in your own eyes...Do not be wise in your own eyes....something that I am finding hard to do. But slowly I am becoming humbled by the wisdom...the intellect....the searching...the kindness....of other people. I don't know nearly as much as I think I do or did. Yet, there are things that I know that I know. The challenge is finding the balance between the two ideas and staying there. :S So many things to do...so little time. I need wisdom to know what to do and how to do it. Thank the Lord He'll give it to me.....

No comments: