Sunday, January 20, 2008

Different person....different place.....same outcome

Isn't it funny how some things are just universal? It really doesn't matter who it is or where it is......the same thing will happen to you over and over again. The common denominator is you and until that changes everything else will most likely stay the same. Sad but true. Sigh I'm tired....and ready to live my life in the way God wants me to.....but sometimes that's easier said than done. Is it even going to work? Or am I going to fail just like I've done time and time again? I don't know. The things I do know don't make that question's answer any more positive. This is who I am but is it who I'm supposed to be? Is it who I will be? Is there hope? Or am I sentenced to a life of frustrated searching? Will my heart ever just stay safe? no. Hearts were created to be broken because if they weren't God would have no use for us. It is only in our brokenness do we turn to Him, do we do things He expects from us. Only a broken heart will look at children in Darfur and want to do something about it. If our hearts remain cold how can God teach us to reach? It is the way of the world and despite all of my ranting it is the way it will remain. My heart will broken again. I just need to learn to not dwell on it and move on. To turn to the one who will mend it....and maybe fix it while He's at it.

Broken hearts
one more time pick yourself up
why even cry?
broken pieces in your hand
wonder how you'll make it whole
you know, you pray, "this can't the way"
you cry, you say, "somethings got to change and mend this porcelain heart of mine"
someone said a broken heart would sting and force and make you stronger
wonder why this pain remains
were hearts made whole just to break?
....creator only you take brokeness and create it into beauty once again...
you know you pray, "this can't be the way"
you cry, you say- "somethings got to change and mend this porcelain heart of mine"....

"Porcelain Hearts" By Barlow Girls

No comments: