Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tricks of the mirror......

So last night after I wrote my "I am woman" blog.....I looked in the mirror. Big deal......??? Oh no its was. Sadly enough. I just saw my face in the mirror and became sad all over again. Its like I had a reality check. But that's the thing.....it isn't a reality check. I love how the Barlow Girls sing a song about that.....telling the mirror that it doesn't define them. I think girls/females/women have become so acustomed to the mirror....it shows us who we are....but I'm starting to think that that's not the case....or at least it shouldn't be....especially when you become a child of the King. hmmm...I always go back to that verse in 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." The mirror of this world tells us that we need to look beautiful, skinny, dress nice, have a smile on our face, be sweet, be strong....just to name a few. But once you become a child of the King the Bible tells us two important things 1. we are new creations 2. not to be conformed to the world. I'm sick of looking in the mirror and seeing my flesh's view of myself. Satan doesn't even see me as badly as I see myself because if he did he wouldn't feel the need to prove to me my view. He knows that I am a formidable foe. (hehe I like that.) We need to stop looking in the mirrors made by man and start looking into the mirror of Christ. Only then will we see our true selves. That makes me so excited! I can't wait to see God's view of myself. It will make me stronger....wiser......better. God is revealing the real me to myself. It makes me smile. :) So no more mirrors. I will from now on see myself through the eyes of God. That's my promise. :)

No comments: